Friday, June 6, 2014

Another adventure and MORE unit study material!

So, today we decided to go to a local forested area to explore. I just love being in the middle of a forest, there is something so peaceful!
So, this particular area is known for it's trails and a lot of mountain bikers go through here. Someone has done a great job of building these little wooden bridges and paths all through the area, over creeks, in between trees etc. The kids LOVED running through the trails and bridges and it was so good for their balance and gross motor skills.
While we were exploring I looked down into a creek bed and saw an odd shaped rock! I picked it up and it looks like it may be a native american nutting stone or grinding stone! I was so excited!
So, now, second on my list for unit studies after the caterpillar, is the native american culture and history in our area! Take a look below!









 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Link up!