Wednesday, June 4, 2014

God given lessons....

I just love it when the homeschool lessons find us! So, Monday we decided to go to a local campground/park near the river just to go on a walk, be in nature. Well, as we were walking through the park I looked down at my shirt and shrieked! There was this furry thing crawling on my shirt right on my belly! It was a caterpillar!
So, I showed the kids, got my son to pick it up off of me and we sat down at a near by picnic table to talk about it. Well, of course the kids begged me to let them keep it, why not I thought?

The beautiful park!

My daughter showing off her daisy bracelet!

My son, with the cup we put the caterpillar in!

So, we took the caterpillar home and put it in a jar. This morning, I added some caterpillar research to my sons homeschool lesson. I had him use google images to find the type of caterpillar we had, and then I had him do some internet research on how to create a home for him. One that would give us a chance of being able to witness his inevitable transformation!
So, now, we have a beautiful caterpillar home and days of potential unit study lessons on the metamorphosis!
(Of course I will share those and add them to our lynx made lessons page) =)

Here are some more photos of our new friend~!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Link up!